Wednesday, December 12, 2007

On my workbench today...

Heyas!
Some of you will know I am a bit of a crazy multi-art-tasker. I think it stems from hating to wait! I probably have somewhere in the vicinity of 15-20 CURRENT projects. Occasionally it gets overwhelming and I will have a full on finishing blast and complete a bunch before starting something new again. Its no wonder I have to have a major clean up session after that kind of carry on :)

So it felt good to finish a couple of projects this week and I started a long term project that I have been wanting to work on for weeks. I have been creating alot of goal cards and work featuring words and ideas to do with inner vision and motivation. Life's purpose and all that - you know - easy light subjects! heheh. This project is a box is intended to hold some of these cards and some daily ideas I want to keep at the forefront of my attention. In theory I should make a card a day but since I know life won't allow me to keep to that I'm just going to work on it as I can. The box however is my starting point.

I am always drawn to texture, at the moment I am really exploring how far I can take it and what kind or real depth I can create. I'm going for a very deep, embedded result so it will be interesting to see where I end up!

So far:
(above image) Creative Imaginations bE recipe box glued with various laces, feathers, beaded fabrics, stitched papers and spray painted black

(above) Detail of first layer of textured items.

(above) Texture paste spread over areas of the box to reduce clarity of items and create additional texture. Box has since been spray painted black again.

Next step: Not sure! hehe... well sort of, heading back into workroom to glue more goodies!

ttfn!

1 comment:

Sue McGettigan said...

Looks fabulous Kathleen - can't wait to see the end result! I love projects like this where you have a general goal, but the end result is a mystery even to you, it comes out of the process - so fun.