Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Crazy feather lady!


Hellos!!
So whats a girl to do when she is compelled to create something - ANYTHING in a snatched moment and the brain hasnt quite turned on to current projects at hand???... Stitch feathers of course! I'm addicted.... I just can't get them out of my system at the moment. Feathers are appearing in all my work. Not rare feathers (I believe in the USA you have some restrictions on using feathers?) - these are regular run of the mill feather duster/boa variety.

Combined with crazy out of control zig-zag machine stitching you have a lush texture like no other. This little piece was whipped up with no adhesives, just a random piece of packaging card, fabric stitched straight on, feathers, a piece of text left over from a niche cut out to create a border around a collage image and small fabric remnant and brads for detail. No clue where this will end up but fun to make!

ttfn
Kathleen

1 comment:

Phoebefigalilly said...

oooooh very pretty, I likey very much!!!!!!!!