Rather than a photography tour I'm going to give it to you in bite size pieces...it'll be more fun that way I promise!
Number One Fav Workroom possie: My adhesives drawer!
This is an adhesives drawer like no other... it is BIG. And I mean BIG. I'm not sure how much a meter is in yards but see the green tray inside it? That is a large tool tote so perhaps that gives you an idea. When I say I like the right glue for the job... I mean business! One of my staff loooves my adhesives drawer a little too much... can you see the fingernail grooves from me prying her away on the edge?? LOL (You know who you are!!).
Anyway, it's a deep drawer in a freestanding kitchen cabinet. Fits in my workroom just dandy, like right in the middle, so I can lay my hands on whatever gluey stuff I need easily.
Adhesives and seal coats are probably the thing I get asked about most so I took a pic of my favs...
From Left to Right:
- Spray Shellac. Yum. Here in NZ the Bulls Eye brand is available but I'm sure there are others around. Gives a very sheer application and gloss finish. Light honey color, no mess, and you can build up coats easily. Did I say Yum already??
- Scotch Quick Dry Tacky adhesive. Tiny tip for easy application, clear drying white glue, dries quick and fav thing - works GREAT as a foiling or leafing adhesive. Draw with the tip!!
- Terrifically Tacky Tape. Clear, strong, no mess, works great with micro beads, ribbons, and embellishments. VERY handy.
- Mod Podge. Here we are with that word again - BIG. I love being able to use a product without skimping because it's too "precious". This is my must-have glue for creating niches and drawers or glue pages together. Says it's a seal coat but honestly, just save it for heavy gluing.
- Perfect Paper Adhesive Matte. SATIN SMOOTH FINISH. So so nice. PERFECT is true when using tissue, serviettes, and other sheer items. Not so good for regular paper gluing but for thin gluing with a divine subtle finish there is no other choice for me.
- E6000 Glue. Super strong glue. This is my heavy embellishment adhesive. See how my tubes are all screwed up like? I shall be crrrrying soon since I will be out and my current supplier no longer stocks it.
- Xryon X2 roller adhesive. FAST no mess!! This gives a bit of a scrapbooky result in that it's just too neat! I just can't beat how quick it is to use though. NO WARPING. I use this to apply flat sheets of paper to smooth surfaces like book board or chip board. There is no drying time - can't complain about that!
- Diamond Glaze or similar. Diamond Glaze just happens to be the one sitting on my bench at the moment but there are lots of variations on this type of clear glaze product. Ranger's Glossy Accents, Crystal Lacquer, Dimensional Magic, Papier Glass Finish all find their way out of my stash to adhere tiny beads, hold embellishment clusters, create glass like seals and so on.