Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hello!!

Wow! An Altered Arts Magazine Blog... those ladies Clara and Cyndi know how to keep me busy! Bear with me as I find my thoughts...doopie doopie dooo... oh yes, I love altered art! heh.. Not sure how I rattled in with Cyndi thinking back now - I've been with Altered Arts Magazine since the beginning, actually before it even WAS a magazine (can you hear me growing old? lol)... I started making artwork for Cyndi to use in her inspirational design sheets for The Altered Book Club - and now she can't get rid of me!

Some little tidbits about me. You just KNOW this isn't going to be short, don't you?! I have come to the decision that I am determined, in fact it's my DESTINY, to live an extraordinary life... doesn't that sound great?! Well it's true - how fun is that?!

  • I live in New Zealand...it is green, beautiful, ever changing, and bizarre in that you can be at the mountains one minute and the next at the ocean. We like sports (I'm supposed to say that..lol), hokey pokey ice cream, bbqs and apparently we speak funny!

  • I'm a wife and a mum. My husband is Brendan and I have a daughter named Brooklyn (yes y'all from the USA you read right) and a son named Oliver.

  • My Mum and I own New Zealand Scrapbook Company and have recently made the move to a Mega store. Fortunately we have an amazing team of staff - my day there is NEVER dull!

  • Prior to scrapbooking and altered art I have been a Florist and a Make-up Artist... creativity is my passion.

  • I admire anyone who lives their passion. Even if it is something that is not of interest to me.

  • I have lived my life as an overweight person, actually an obese woman. I have taken control of my life and now love looking at the world through new eyes over 110lbs lighter.

  • I am now expressing my creativity via my body through body building! Yes, you read that right too!

  • Recently I have been entertaining the idea of using my new strength and fitness in the area of volunteer firefighting.

  • I am most inspired by nature. I love bugs. I love oxygen! I am addicted to texture. I learn visually. I want to touch artwork. At the moment much of my art is a little edgy. I love red. I love black. I love combining textures and items in odd ways. I like thought provoking art. I love art that influences your emotions.

  • I like to talk!

  • I like it quiet!

  • I've drunk too much Coke Zero! LOL
I'm looking forward to sharing more of my artwork with you and some of my current inspirations. If you have any questions about my art or even just why I use too many exclamation marks I would love to hear from you!!! (See there are those exclamation marks again.)

Until next time - cya!

No comments: